I've been working on a new top this past week. This time I've put two old faithful blocks together... the log cabin, and the churn dash. This was the result:
As you can see, I do tend to favor Kona black to offset all these scrappy colors. I think it really makes them pop! And so far all the men in my life that have seen them (now come on... I'm talking relatives here... be nice!) have really liked this one!
I really do need to get busy on the quilting side SOON! I'm building up quite a stack of tops in my sewing room that need attending to. I was waiting for a supply of batting to magically appear I guess. LOL! (What I had on hand got used up in my last round of soldier quilts.) But I just did a couple of baby quilts for a customer, and that put some funds back in the batting kitty, so hopefully this week I'll be able to get a few finishes done to show you guys. I really haven't been as indolent as my blog might imply lately! *wink*