I've had several requests for the Scrappy Carpenter's Star pattern from people who don't use paypal and want to just mail me a check for the $3. I don't have a problem with that at all, so if you want to do that just email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you my snail-mail address!
I've been working on one of the Fat Cat applique BOM quilts (Baltimore Bliss) and finally got all my blocks finished for that. Now I'm in the process of putting the borders on the flimsie to make it big enough for my queen size bed. I'm afraid it's.... TOO PINK!.... which is NOT a favorite color with me, but I think it will be pretty when it's all done. I wanted to use fabrics I had on hand, so not all of them are shades I would have shopped for on my own. LOL! I think the problem started when I chose the second red fabric, and that's what really gave it such a pink look. (Yes, I do know that light red is just another version of dark pink, but somehow that piece of fabric didn't look so pink until it was on the block!) Anyway, I'll post photos of that when I get it all finished.
As usual, I have also been working on a different project at the same time. I haven't really used my embroidery machine for much more than labels in the past year, so I decided I should get more use out of it. I tend to do a lot of variable star blocks, and putting an embroidered center in some of those seemed like a good option. I had some really nice colorwork files of humming birds, so that's the way I'm going. When it's finished, it will be called "Hummers.. The Stars of the Garden" Here are a few of the blocks I've gotten done:
I've finished 18 of the blocks so far... I think I'll do a total of 35 of them and make a sofa quilt. I'm still thinking about how I want to set them though, so that may change.
Well, it's back to the sewing room for me. Tomorrow will be spent getting hubby to the specialists, which generally takes up the whole day, so today I hope to finish adding the borders to the applique quilt.